Old & Rare whisky Tasting at the Scotch Malt Whisky Society
Fancy tasting some old and rare drams courtesy of Whisky-Online Auctions this November?
Our specialist Angus MacRaild will be hosting two very special whisky tastings next month in Edinburgh and Glasgow.
Friday the 20th of November @ 7pm
Angus will be showcasing seven exceptional and hard to find bottles at the Scotch Malt Whisky Society Vaults in Leith. This event will be open to both members and non-members and will be priced at £60 per head which includes all seven drams and a selection of very fine cheeses.
The line-up includes
• Black Bull 40 year old blend. 41.9%.
• Deanston 30 year old. Rare official bottling exclusive to USA. 46.7%.
• Glendronach 12 year old. Bottled 1980s. 100% sherry matured. 40%.
• Tamdhu 1981 13 year old. Cadenheads. Sherry matured. 59.9%.
• Bowmore 12 year old. Duty Free bottling early 1980s. 43%.
• Highland Park 25 year old. Bottled 1990s. 51.5%.
• Plus an as yet undisclosed, long gone SMWS bottling from the past.
Attendees are free to bring along any bottles they are interested to have valued as Angus will be discussing the ins and outs of bottle valuation, the great allure of old bottles and the history of SMWS bottlings.
Or call 01253 620376 to book tickets via telephone (opening hours Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm)
On Saturday the 21st in Glasgow Angus will be hosting a whisky tasting of a fine selection of old and rare drams in a relaxed and informal setting of the Good Spirits Co in Glasgow, these tasting line-ups are kept under wraps until the night but the last one included Johnnie Walker Black Label from the 1930s so there are always some seriously old bottles getting cracked at these events. Tickets are £45 and are available from the Good Spirits Co shop or by calling them on 0141 258 8427.